View Single Post
Old
12-27-2012, 09:29 AM
doublejack

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by minitrucker83 View Post
Usually I would agree but his punishment seems pretty average to me. First time DWI offense is a slap on the wrist just about anywhere unless you cause property damage or personal injury. Don't like to say it but I've been in his shoes except I was legal drinking age. He paid roughly 30% more in fines, ordered to do more community service(40-49hrs), both ordered to take a class, but he received one year probation less than myself. I'm not comparing 1975 to 2012 either, more like 2007 to 2012 and I'm VERY far from a professional athlete or a rich little trust fund kid.

I agree though there are a lot of factors that play into the punishment. Hopefully he pulls his head out of his anus or we may see the double standard come into play if he doesn't learn.
Michigan's "super drunk" law was passed in 2009, so the penalties Sheahan faced were much stiffer than those you did. My brother got a DUI in 2003 or 2004. It was a different ballgame then for a first time offender. My cousin was busted last year, again a first time offender, and Sheahan got off so lightly compared to her.

doublejack is offline   Reply With Quote