View Single Post
Old
12-27-2012, 09:53 AM
Beendair Donedat

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
I agree with you.

Stortini (who I think is a horrible fighter by the way) has become the scapegoat for the Gauthier fans who oohed and aaahed each draft pick by Timmins and pointless trades made by the Goat.

Now that those players are finally getting a chance to show what they've got in Hamilton.......and losing with very little offensive punch......the scapegoat has to be named. And Stortini it is.

Stortini is the reason the Bulldogs cannot score. Stortini is the reason that Hamilton is in last place.

I remember reading all the posts last year about Patrick Holland and how the kid was this awesome prospect. 28 games later with only 8 points and a -8, it's Stortini's fault.

It's sad when Mike Blunden is the third leading scorer on the team. But then again, that is Stortini's fault.
I think you're absolutely right. Stortini isn't a great fighter at all, he's just meant to provide some checks and balances out there, which is completely understandable. What isn't understandable is how these people keep wanting to crucify him for the flat play of others. They'd rather have a non producing Avstin in the lineup and somehow everything would magically improve.

The team is struggling but it certainly is not because of Stortini or Hagel. Those guys are doing their jobs to the best of their abilities. Losing players due to injury, rookies who aren't making great adjustments are much more the cause of the "bad play." But as long as the Habs fans have someone to crucify right?

Kind of sad.