Old
12-27-2012, 10:27 AM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogtownhabsfan View Post
You do need vets sprinkled in. The main problem for the dogs is they don't have veterans who they can lean on, especially up front. I mean how many 20 year old rookies are getting regular shifts with the Bulldogs these days? 8? If anything their is way too much youth on the team in regards to them struggling to win. But I guess the hope is the group can grow together...
This is my main problem with the Stortini/Hagel issue as well. We do need some veterans. And arguably having a toughguy to slot in is good too. But I think once we got one veteran toughguy, it was a waste of resources/roster space to add another. The team needed scoring even before Palushaj/Geoffrion issues. Part of development includes winning, making the playoffs, getting playoff experience. I just think it would have helped at least somewhat towards that goal to really chase a big veteran AHL scoring star with the same roster spot that Stortini currently occupies. It still leaves a kid not playing as much, or not in as big a role. So there is a counter to the development philosophy inherent in that. But just potentially giving a better winning atmosphere, or possibly sneaking out a playoff spot would have been a reasonable tradeoff IMHO. Stortini is not a reasonable tradeoff.