View Single Post
Old
12-27-2012, 11:46 AM
MurrayCraven24

vCash: 500
I have been meaning to write about the games I went to. I had an amazing time in Finland. The people were very nice and helpful. I was amazed at the level of trust in the country. You can take a book bag in stores and nobody locks their bikes. I ended up not going to the JYP game because I was late in getting to Tampere due to the weather. Of the two games I saw, I enjoyed the Pelicans game the most.

It was still worth the bus ride to Rauma. Seeing a pro game in an arena that small was a unique experience. I did have visibility problems with the seats here, but in Lahti it wasn't as bad. It was the coldest arena I have been in. Weren't many Oulu fans there either. During the 1st intermission Jason Demers told the coach: "we need to f**ing quit taking so many f**ing penalties."

The Pelicans game was awesome! Nearly a packed house with lots of cheering and singing supporters for both teams. At least 100 Ilves fans were there. The only authentic teal jerseys they had were game worns that were like 500 Euro, but I was able to get a white game worn for only 50 Euro! It was an Aleksei Blomqvist jersey from a few years ago, but I didn't care. The coolest part of all was during the 2nd intermission. The Ilves coaches walked right by me and I said to Raimo Helminen: "Mr. Helminen, can I shake your hand?" And he shook my hand! Awesome!

MurrayCraven24 is offline   Reply With Quote