View Single Post
Old
12-27-2012, 10:58 AM
Loffer

vCash: 954
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiLe View Post
Had to go back and check it out. Guess we owe our silly friend an apology, it was a different user.

Still, if one gets mixed up with a clown like that, it's a sign that ones own statements aren't exactly held in the highest of regards either.

This is actually what I was trying to say. Given his role, Aaltonen, was supposed to be something of a jack-of-all-trades offensive weapon, wearing out the opponent in both ends and scoring occasionally. He was doing a very fine job but in the end was nothing the other guys can't make up.

I'd consider for example losing Armia a far bigger blow. He's not nearly as versatile as Aaltonen, but his special talent is something that would be harder to duplicate.

And yeah, there is nothing wrong with the bottom six, at least defensively, since it now consists of players (sans Järveläinen, who was there to begin with) who were picked in the first place because of their sound the two-way game. Given how somebody belittles the contributions of these workhorses makes me suspect that they don't really watch much hockey beyond the highlights in YouTube. If they're serious to begin with, that is.
Quite right, I checked it too. It was a poster called "jonlin" who held Vaananen in low regard. Keep facts straight!

Nice to hear that the bottom six is still ok. Hope you are right. I just fear that the lack of talent there will show in critical games.

Loffer is offline   Reply With Quote