View Single Post
Old
12-27-2012, 12:44 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ8812 View Post
I still make that Pronger trade, even knowing his career was ended short with us. It's just too bad we couldn't have gotten him earlier in his career. I mean, the Oilers only gave up Eric Brewer, Jeff Woywitka and Doug Lynch to get him back in 2005. The Blues needed to cut salary. Could Clarke really not top that? I know Brewer was considered a top pairing defenseman at that time, but both Woywitka and Lynch were projects (both ended up busting). I'm sure we could have afforded it if we didn't sign both Hatcher and Rathje that summer.

ah well
I actually didn't count his playoffs games..obviously the year they went to the cup he was instrumental until injuries, certain players being worn out (besides the Leino line) and Leighton squandered the cup.

Anyway, yeah the Flyers kind of had to do it and it almost paid off but ultimately didn't. It was a fair risk at the time and yeah if we got him earlier it would have been great.

ugh..don't even mention the Hatcher and Rathje acquisitions...the league had just instituted rules to open up the game and Clarke goes and get two pilons. Rathje obviously unfortunately became a cap anchor due to injury and Hatcher adjusted in his second year but then his knees were shot although I give him a lot of credit for being a warrior in the playoffs...