View Single Post
Old
12-27-2012, 12:13 PM
That

vCash: 500
My list:

1. Nail Yakupov - His combination of explosiveness and goal scoring instinct make him an easy choice for #1. I think he has the most upside out of anyone here, and has a legitimate chance of being a 50 goal scorer.
2. Vladimir Tarasenko - Two-way play, hockey sense, and skill put him here. He has an extremely impressive track record in both representing his country and in the KHL. He's a fantastic playmaker and a great goal scorer too.
3. Mikael Granlund - Like Tarasenko, he has an incredible track record. Even though he's undersized, his off the charts hockey sense and skill level allow him to round out the top 3.
4. Jonathan Huberdeau - Skill. He's one of the most skilled players I've ever watched. I used to feel like he wasn't a "go-getter" so to speak, but every time I watch him I see his fiery mentality.
5. Justin Schultz - Following a impressive career at Wisconsin, he moved on to the AHL and is absolutely tearing it up. He's a dominant offensive defenceman and can single handedly win games.
6. Alex Galchenyuk - His hockey sense, skill, and aggressiveness make him a fantastic prospect. I feel he should be higher, but he falls victim to the number game. Everyone above him is more proven and has a better track record than him.
7. Evgeny Kuznetsov - I have him lower than most. I feel he's selfish and one-dimensional, but his skill level is off the charts. He might be the most skilled player on my list. He's the definition of a boom-bust prospect.
8. Ryan Murray - A very safe prospect, but don't underestimate his upside. He's a fantastic skater and possesses off the charts hockey sense. His attention to detail is truly incredible.
9. Sven Bärtschi - Extremely fun to watch. He's dynamic and is a threat to score at any time. Despite being undersized, he's almost impossible to knock off the puck. He could be a superstar.
10. Morgan Rielly - Similar to Galchenyuk, I feel he could be higher due to his raw skill, but falls behind due to track record. He's explosive and dynamic, definitely an offensive dynamo.
11. Dougie Hamilton - Probably comes as a surprise to have him this low. I question his hockey sense, but his size, skating, and skill make him hard to leave off this list. He's a very talented player, but he has a long way to go.
12. Mikhail Grigorenko - The combination of size and skill is extremely rare. He's an incredible playmaker and has a rocket of a shot. I find he's a bit tentative at times. However, that, along with his defensive game have come a long way since last year.
13. Ryan Strome - He's worked a lot on rounding out his game and his offensive production has actually increased. I'm not sure if I see his game translating to the NHL, but the skill is unbelievable.
14. Mark Scheifele - Very impressive two-way game. If he doesn't live up to his offensive ability he'll still be in the NHL as a shutdown centre. He's a very smart player and is steadily improving his skill level and creativity with the puck.
15. Gustav Nyquist - Might a bit of a surprise. He's a very fun player to watch and is very creative. He has slick hands and has a fairly good two-way game. If he's given a top 6 role in Detroit, I think he'll thrive.

HM: Jonas Brodin and Brandon Gormley

That is offline   Reply With Quote