View Single Post
Old
12-27-2012, 12:14 PM
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede777 View Post
Winning has positively affected attendance in Columbus already once in the past. Look at the season right after we made the playoffs.
The entire stretch run in 2008-09 was a string of sellouts as well. Attendance at the start of the season was worse than ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithBWhittington View Post
I think the "Fan recovery plan" was John Davidson. At least, I believe they (ownership, entrenched current management) are hedging significant bets on it. After the loss of Nash in the very public trade maneuverings and the death spiral the organization took from the start last season, I don't see much to else to hedge significant bets on right now anyways. Prospects are probably a good 2 years away from significant contributions, Goaltending, despite what looks to be a solid start to building organization depth this past draft, is still incredibly weak considering the depth chart right now. Players like Atkinson, Audy-Marchessault, Johansen, etc, didn't need this lockout right now in terms of their development.

Like it or not, I think the majority of any Fan Recovery Plan starts with John Davidson, sprinkle in some Jack Johnson and a touch of James Wizniewski...
One thing that has really stood out to me is the complete lack of CBJ player comments about the lockout. That goes for both to the papers and on Twitter. The closest I've seen is RJ Umberger's bizarre need to retweet everything that Allan Walsh says, which is annoying as hell.

I don't know if someone suggested to the players that withholding comment was a good thing, but I can't see any player that fans could specifically point to and say, "I no longer care for that guy as a result of what he said."

Mayor Bee is offline   Reply With Quote