View Single Post
Old
12-27-2012, 12:27 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverHabsFan View Post
Can't wait to watch Gally play Yakupov tomorrow. Yakupov has impressed me with his speed but he's not controlling the game like Gally. Very different styles but I'm happy we drafted the playmaker. I think Gally has a more durable style while I see Yakupov as an Ovechkin type.
On TSN, they were saying how they interviewed Martin Lapointe and he said they feel Gally's strongest asset is his shot, that they haven't seen a kid of his age shoot the puck as fast as he does in a very long time. So, expect the habs to focus a lot more on his sniper skills than his playmaking.
Essentially though, he is a complete offensive package.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginu View Post
Anyone see a more physical Malkin in Galchenyuk? His peripheral vision is incredible. He just backhanded a pass from the side boards right through the crowd.
Gally is not physical and isn't close to Malkin's skills. Malkin is a lot more physical too.
It's tough to know just how high his potential/progression will take him. But thinking he'll become a true superstar in the NHL, one of the best players of the league, is shooting quite high imo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginu View Post
I don't want to get my hopes up either but if Gally was healthy all year would he have gone 1st or 2nd overall? It's not beyond the realms of possibility.
It's not because you get pick 1st that you become a superstar capable of leading a team by yourself and scoring over 100+ pts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverHabsFan View Post
You have a better chance of injury playing about two minutes in the third.
No you don't.