Thread: Jared Cowen
View Single Post
Old
12-27-2012, 02:02 PM
OgieO

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbeard7737 View Post
I always thought of Cowen as a shutdown dman but he seems to have shown some potential for offense. What do the Sens fans think of Cowen and his high end potential? Behind Karlsson, do you expect him to be the next best offensive dman on the team, or do you expect Ceci to surpass him in a couple years?
He's got a very good shot and he moves the puck well enough, but I don't see Chara potential, though to be fair, I didn't see Chara potential in Chara when he was 21 either.

If I had to guess, I think he's capable of 10+ goals a year and 30 or so assists. Assuming he gets a bit of PP time. Certainly would be happy with that.

I think Ceci has potential for more offensive upside than that, but he's so young I don't know if any of us can give a reasonable prediction.

Weircioch has finally developed but I think he's a wee bit behind the other 2 (and obviously considerably behind EK) in terms of offensive upside.

Edit: and I said this before, but if he keeps working on his shot he'd be a great pairing for Karlsson on the PP. Karlsson can clear a ton of space for him to let it go. He just needs to be able to be effective with it (i.e. the anti-Kuba).

OgieO is offline   Reply With Quote