View Single Post
Old
12-27-2012, 02:13 PM
redbull
Expect more

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott99 View Post
I really LOVE the WJHC. Especially when we have good prospects representing their countries. Prior to getting The NHL Network (first got in in summer 2010, watched Nino's coming out party for the Swiss, and Donovan helping Team USA win the Gold !), my only updates were Hockeysfuture, including videos posted here. Watching Canada last night, and hearing "Reinhart to Strome", makes me dream about what a fantastic future the Isles have.
Good post.

I don't like the idea of "drafting based on need" but I am continually impressed with Reinhart and he's exactly what the Islanders need asap. Frankly, so does Bridgeport. A big defenseman who can move bodies, get in the way of forwards driving the net, make smart plays along the boards, with or without the puck....a "calming force" (seems like an oxymoron but isn't) out there.

If he weren't an Isles pick, I wouldn't notice him. And that's not a bad thing. Ville Pokka seems much the same for that matter. Contrast that with Rielly and Hamilton and they are in a tougher spot, often trying to do too much and getting burned. Much tougher learning curve and adjustment for these types of players and on NHL defense, can't take much for granted.

Strome looks really good out there. He's got really great vision and has learned to use his body well, keep his feet moving and always with his head up. He doesn't try to do too much and that will serve him well in the NHL. Hopefully they can both elevate their play as the tournament goes on and the competition gets tougher.