View Single Post
Old
12-27-2012, 02:56 PM
The Exiled One

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by turkulad View Post
Some folks just recently "discovered" Kalle Kossila, a Finn somewhat dominating in the NCAA, and eligible to play in the WJC this year, and someone who has been talked about on this forum quite a bit too.. so now anyone who has followed his play this season at St. Cloud, here's a question to you:

Do you think he was snubbed out of a spot because this generation was so heavy with SM-Liga tested players there wasn't any particular "need" to go the extra mile and search for possible dark horses abroad? (Example: Erik Haula)
It's a little late now, but considering Kossila is producing for St. Cloud State while Ville Järveläinen wasn't going to make the team, I think it's safe to say he would have been comfortable playing at the WJC level. I don't know that he was "snubbed" so much as he was less available. He probably wouldn't have been able to practice with the team as much leading up to the tournament. For a "superstar", you don't worry about that as much, but I don't know that Kossila is a "superstar." He's very good though.

The Exiled One is offline   Reply With Quote