View Single Post
Old
12-27-2012, 04:09 PM
Eskimo44

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by clayton magnet View Post
I never said I thought there was anything wrong or incorrect with what he said, I just can't see guys like the nuge, eberle, and hall really befriending a guy calling out a team they take a lot of pride in. I just don't feel Yak is going to meld with the group that well.
That is utter nonsense. The kids play with passion for their country and have animosity for other nations in tournaments too, being competitors i'm sure they understand Yakupov's position. If i was Russian i'd think the Canadians were dirty too and i'd have no issue trash talking them. Yakupov wants to win and the Canadians are in his way. It's not like a Canadian would never say something inflamatory about the Russian or some other nation. If the Oiler kids didn't like Yakupov because of what he said they are flat out douch bags.

Now in saying that i think there are things that could be said that are a little more questionable. Kesler calling Luongo shaky in the Olympics i could see causing issues because he's directly calling out a teammate, but even then it's a competition and they were not on the same team in that game. I don't know about you but if i had the Canadian jersey on my back i would have no qualms with dissing other countires and doing everything i can to win for MY country. This isn't about the Oilers it's about Russia vs Canada.