View Single Post
Old
12-27-2012, 03:14 PM
Bryanbryoil

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petro Points View Post
Strome is a C ... Might not be better then Gagner offensively for the next couple yrs but will be bigger once he fills into his 6'1" frame. He is also a RHS who also scored 106pts his draft year (ala RNH and Hall).
What he scored in his draft year is irrelevant, he is nowhere near the caliber of RNH or Hall. Yes he is a RHS but so is Gagner, neither seems overly strong so I really don't see the need to trade the devil we know for the devil we don't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s7ark View Post
Gagner is a RHS who scored 118p in his draft year. And it isn't like Strome uses that extra size to his advantage or anything. I prefer Gagner.
Pretty much this even if Strome ends up the better player it probably won't be by a lot and it likely won't be in the next couple of years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raab View Post
Yea, the last thing this team needs to do is get younger. If we trade Gagner the guy coming back needs to be at least 25+ years old IMO, or a proven young player like Couturier.
I'm fine with getting younger if we are getting a guy that in a year or two will be much better than Gagner currently is, Strome IMO is not that player.