View Single Post
Old
12-27-2012, 03:30 PM
indigobuffalo
Portage and Main

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovesLikeJagr68 View Post
Sutter plays centre, so throwing him on the wing wouldn't be using him properly. Besides, the Pens are a team that is built down the middle. They can comfortably run 3 lines consistently due to having spread out scoring from each line. Sutter is a great 3rd line centre for this team; can put up points, great defensively, affordable, and not too good that you feel bad about having him play on a 3rd line (right Jordan?).

Kulemin would be playing with Malkin if he was here. That would probably be the only reason he would be brought here. Cooke is fine at 3rd LW, while Adams is the 4th line centre/right wing.
Sutter showed a lot of promise with the 'Canes last year. I think you'd be surprised to see what he brings to the table. For the record, I will agree that Sutter is a better 3C option than Bozak. They're very similar players, but whereas Bozak has essentially hit the plateau of his development, Sutter is still improving. To me, this suggests that he certainly could become another Jordan Staal, and outgrow the 3C.

That's why I suggested adding Bozak in the 3C. There's no room for expansion there, he is what he is, but as a 3C he'd be a great addition over all other non-Sutter Pens' players. Sutter has solid scoring talent and great defensive instincts. The Pens would be better off using him more diligently. Instead of stuffing him into a role he has basically already outgrown.

If Kulemin absolutely has to be on Malkin's line then swap him in for Kennedy, although really I think Kulie is best suited to a shutdown role.

indigobuffalo is offline   Reply With Quote