View Single Post
Old
12-27-2012, 03:58 PM
TheAntiPrice

vCash: 500
Also, is there really much of a difference between majoring in Psychology vs majoring in Sociology? I personally find psyc infinitely more interesting, but I would have to stay in school for a year longer if I choose Psyc. I'm already almost done with all my electives and have a 3.7 gpa, I'll most likely give myself a better chance to maintain that gpa if I do sociology because a) no math or biology pre-requisites, and b) I think the teachers are more lenient and a bit easier because it's not as competitive as psychology.

Future options to consider: Law school, becoming a cop, graduate school (I find this is where psyc opens more doors, I could probably still get into a masters of social work program with a psyc degree, but I couldn't get into a psyc graduate school with a sociology degree, correct?)

Decisions, decisions...first thing first though, if I want to do psyc, I need to take that math class...Feasible to learn all that (in the syllabus post above) in the next 3-4 months with not a very strong foundation? Albeit, I was very good in arithmetic, just sorta fell off the horse once algebra came into the picture in high school.

TheAntiPrice is offline   Reply With Quote