Thread: Jared Cowen
View Single Post
12-27-2012, 06:27 PM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by OgieO View Post
He's got a very good shot and he moves the puck well enough, but I don't see Chara potential, though to be fair, I didn't see Chara potential in Chara when he was 21 either.

If I had to guess, I think he's capable of 10+ goals a year and 30 or so assists. Assuming he gets a bit of PP time. Certainly would be happy with that.

I think Ceci has potential for more offensive upside than that, but he's so young I don't know if any of us can give a reasonable prediction.

Weircioch has finally developed but I think he's a wee bit behind the other 2 (and obviously considerably behind EK) in terms of offensive upside.

Edit: and I said this before, but if he keeps working on his shot he'd be a great pairing for Karlsson on the PP. Karlsson can clear a ton of space for him to let it go. He just needs to be able to be effective with it (i.e. the anti-Kuba).

I see a lot of people refer to Cowen as in the Chara mold. I don't get it. Chara is arguably the biggest, most fit and strongest player to ever play the game along with having the hardest slap shot ever and by a good margin and could go toe to toe with any enforcer in the game.

Let's just compare Cowen to Cowen because he is no Chara.

enviro61 is offline   Reply With Quote