Pinko

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbull View Post
Bertuzzi - Reichel - Palffy
Dawe - Smolinski - Czerkawski
Hough - Nemchinov - Chorske
Odjick - Lapointe - Sacco

then they got Linden at the deadline, for Bertuzzi & McCabe.
Isles also had a young Zdeno Chara on defense, but he was tall and awkward and couldn't move his feet well, tended to make defensive zone mistakes.....it was probably best he was moved.

Reichel was a 90pt guy in Calgary as well.

Palffy never had talent around him, no argument there, but being able to produce points without great talent around you doesn't necessarily mean you're a great player. Alexei Yashin had some nice success (personally) with Sean McEachern and Andreas Dackel.
Im prettysure Chorske and Smolinski played with Bertuzzi (although they got split up at times), the CBS-line. Bertuzzi didnt play much as a 1st liner and there were doubts if he was ever going to be a star.

I forgot about Dawe, yes he was the second liner for sure. Point is Palffy played with some remarkably bad supporting cast. Was Dawe on the Linden - Czerkawski line after the trade?

Quote:
Milbury was pretty outspoken about being forced to trade Palffy because the owners wanted the team payroll rock bottom (sound familiar Wang?) - I believe (from faded memory) that the team payroll was supposed to be in the 12-14M range (oh how times have changed NHLPA!!!

He didn't get fair value for Palffy, even Milbury has talked about how tough it is to trade from such a position of weakness.
Yea, I remember the owners wanting him to but Im certain that he also stated that he told the owners he wouldn't. Until he finally got forced to do it and traded him to the Kings.

Hobnobs is online now   Reply With Quote