Thread: Post-Game Talk: WJC U20 Championship Game
View Single Post
12-27-2012, 05:54 PM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by ColonialsHockey10 View Post
Miller was the most physical forward (had 3 huge hits), scored a nice goal (honestly he might have tipped the other), but he was a straight up give away machine. Tried to do way too much out there; honestly he's playing with Grimaldi and Gaudreau, that line would be a lot better if he let them do most of the stick handling.

Definitely wouldn't call it a bad game. He made things happen every shift and he probably had the puck more then every other forward. Just poor decision making.

Every player was good, and while Miller made a lot more good plays then others, he had quite a few bad plays as well.
FINALLY got to watch the tape (I was tempted to get a slingbox just for this tourney...) but this is spot on. Miller had a good game overall, with some positives and negatives.

He was definitely trying to do too much out there at times - calling for passes when he didn't warrant getting the puck, looking shoot every time, getting a little too cute trying to make moves, etc. Really rough 1st period especially.

But as the game progressed, so did his play. He is a very smart player overall and made good reads. Scored a nice goal, and "deserved an assist" on the Ghostisbehere goal. But in the third period especially he was fantastic in the transition game, as he has the ability to be. Not to mention the 3 absolutely monster hits he delivered. I really wanted to see a replay of the 3rd one in the d-zone.

He plays a (generally) sound and tenacious game in all 3 zones, with real flashes of top-end skill on occasion. You will never confuse him for Galchenyuk or even Grimaldi but I think he is a perfect fit for what the NYR are building.

"Here we can see the agression of american people. They love fighting and guns. when they wont win they try to kill us all." -HalfOfFame
HatTrick Swayze is offline   Reply With Quote