View Single Post
Old
12-27-2012, 08:23 PM
MastuhNinks

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interactif View Post
Another Leafs fan that likes to ignore stats, btw I was still waiting for your response on my last reply to you when I pointed out how Bozak outscored Grabovski the last 10 games of the year without Lupul and how Grabovski went -6 without Kulemin as his winger.

Why don't you compare the GA20 on the Leafs? Why are you ignoring these stats. You and Hennig are claiming he is our best defensive Center, he isn't, he doesn't play a style that is condusive to protecting leads, supported by the GA20 stat. He only knows one way to play, attack, when he isn't attacking it takes away his effectiveness. This makes him a liability when Leafs are trying to close out a game, you remember, Leafs try to outscore their weaknesses, there is no defence in the top 2 lines.

He's a good centre for a bottom feeder team and perhaps some playoff teams, but not one that can do the things of a Bergeron or Richards, number 2 Centers on contending teams. That's what this thread is about. Being a good #2 C on a 25th, 21st, 29th, and 23rd place team his 4 years with the Leafs does not make him a good #2 on a contender. A good #2 on a contender is Zetterberg, Bergeron, Richards, Henriques, Kesler, Schenn, Malkin, Coulture, act...Not Grabovski.
I'm not ignoring any stats, you are. I'm explaining why the stat you are using is heavily flawed. If anyone is ignoring stats, it's you. According to your all-telling stat, Toews and Bolland are 2 of the 3 worst defensive forwards on the Blackhawks. How telling do you really think this statistic is? It's so heavily influenced by the quality of competition and quality of teammates, you seem to be ignoring all context which is silly.

MastuhNinks is offline   Reply With Quote