View Single Post
Old
12-27-2012, 09:29 PM
Sensbud
Rookie User

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyduck View Post
Wow, Mcdonagh is extremely overrated on here.

Ok, so he was a plus 25 on a team where Michael Del Zotto was a plus 20. He had 7 goals and 25 assists. Not bad for a defenseman but not great either. Just on his own team he has a guy in Del Zotto who is a year younger and scored 10 goals and 31 assists in five less games. That's 9 more points in five less games. That just goes to show you how stacked the Rangers were.

I'd take a guy like Subban over him. He scored more points in less games on a worse team at the same age.

I'd take a guy like Schultz over him. He has lit up the AHL for 16 goals and 40 pts in only 28 games played.

Mcdonagh certainly has the advantage on Fowler who IMO has been a defensive liability every time I've seen him play. Faulk, as a rookie last season, showed signs that he could play great defensive hockey and contributed more goals than Mcdonagh. Although the poor Carolina defense wrecked his plus-minus.

For me it is:
Schultz
Subban
Mcdonagh/Faulk
Fowler
Mcdonagh is a beast defensively. He has tremendous mobility, skating ability and positioning. He's the type of player you want in every situation. He can shut-down the top line, contribute offensively and unlike most defensive defenceman he doesn't stagnate the breakout but actually is big contributing part on counters.

Sensbud is offline   Reply With Quote