View Single Post
Old
12-27-2012, 08:58 PM
ponder

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TieClark View Post
Lombardi missed an entire year and then 20 games in the middle of last season as well... I'm not sure what you were expecting exactly. He isn't Crosby and never has been, even in Calgary he where he was great he was a .5 points a game player. His real value is his defensive play and speed which he hasn't lost. I see no reason why a 31 year old cannot find his form again and like I said, MacArthur is a stop gap. He won't be here for much longer. Frattin and Kadri should only be given spots if they can actually earn it and Connolly will be lucky to last the year regardless of anyone elses play.
Why is MacArthur a stop gap, but Lombardi isn't? MacArthur is 3 years younger than Lombardi, for the past two seasons he's been as good as Lombardi has ever been, last season he was WAYYYYYYYYYYYYY better than Lombardi, and he's more suited to a bottom 6 role than Lombardi is (bigger and tougher). I just do not get this logic at all.

Again, I really cannot think of many examples of a 30+ year old player fading to being more or less completely useless, only to bounce back into a good/valuable player.

ponder is offline   Reply With Quote