View Single Post
Old
12-27-2012, 10:03 PM
Toxic0n
"No shortcuts"

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetterberg View Post
The assumption is not based solely on a poor save percentage, it's based on the wild variation of his save percentage from game to game in a short period of time.

As a matter of fact, it may very well have been those goalies' faults. Those goalies did have 3 game stretches of inconsistency. That's exactly what I was saying. Ok, so admittedly, I'm guilty of cherry-picking a little in that occasion by season-to-season. But did Quick go from a phenomenal shutout and great 2 goal game to an 8 goal game? Did Thomas go from being pulled 40 minutes into a game to getting a 31 save shutout?

See the above for my opinion on inconsistency of players vs goalie.
Maybe not 8 goals, but Thomas did let in 5 and then posted a shutout the next game and then let in 4 goals in the next (in TBL series). So is it his fault or the team's fault? Applying your logic, he is solely responsible and is inconsistent. Looks at the goals he let in against TBL:

4-5-0-4-1-5-0
SV% .879 .878 1.0 .889 .971 .808 1.0

He won a Vezina and a Stanley Cup, how is that possible with inconsistent stats like that?

Look, I'm not saying Luongo is without blame but it is a team game. They don't get "magical one-game hockey equipment to become MVP-worthy players", they simply have bad games as a TEAM.