View Single Post
Old
12-27-2012, 09:11 PM
TieClark

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ponder View Post
Why is MacArthur a stop gap, but Lombardi isn't? MacArthur is 3 years younger than Lombardi, for the past two seasons he's been as good as Lombardi has ever been, last season he was WAYYYYYYYYYYYYY better than Lombardi, and he's more suited to a bottom 6 role than Lombardi is (bigger and tougher). I just do not get this logic at all.

Again, I really cannot think of many examples of a 30+ year old player fading to being more or less completely useless, only to bounce back into a good/valuable player.
Because he's not as good for the bottom 6 at all and he's not good enough for the top 6. He's like a PA Parenteau.. good player who can put up points given the chance but will never really be on a good team because neither of them can play bottom 6 roles and neither of them are good enough as a top 6 player on a good team.

Lombardi on the other hand has always been a bottom six player until he went to PHX and he was great in that role. I'm not going to write him off because he wasn't the same after missing an entire year plus a good chunk of that comeback year as well.

TieClark is offline   Reply With Quote