View Single Post
Old
12-27-2012, 10:22 PM
Jabba11
Hockey Lobby

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDig14 View Post
For me, it was pretty obvious Yakupov and Gally were both going to be players at the NHL level, and while they play different games I think both will be dynamic players at the next level.

People stating they prefer Galchenyuk is fine with me, the only thing that bugs is when a few people claim the Oilers should have drafted him #1 overall.

This kid was coming off a major injury and didn't play, there was still a lot of risk associated with the pick. You simply can't pass on a guy with 50 goal potential that is the consensus #1 to take a a risk on a guy like Galchenyuk.

If the Oilers had a pick at #2 or lower, I would have lives taking him though because we saw his rookie year in the OHL and while its still a risk taking him at least we wouldn't be leaving a potential elite talent on the board.

Galchenyuk might be a better fit for the Oilers, but I think both players will be very good for their NHL teams.
No..he looks really good in a Habs jersey. Same for Yakupov, he's an Oiler and is going to be a perfect fit. Can't imagine Galchenyuk with another jersey than the Habs now lol