View Single Post
12-27-2012, 11:01 PM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Patofqc View Post
LOL a top 5 pick for him, i have seen it all!!! Then if Plekanec was on another team, you would trade Galchenyuk for him? BTW there is a plekanec thread just below, we should talk about him there. This is the Galchenyuk thread.
Pleks is worth a late first round pick (16-30), meaning, if a team thinks they are missing a final ingredient to make a serious run at the cup, they would easily give a first rounder for him at the deadline. You are correct that he is soft (see 2008/2010 playoffs against Philly) but he's one of the league's best and most dangerous forward penalty killers, and he has a solid 2-way game. Moreover, our whole team was soft over the past 5 seasons. On a grittier team, his 'softness' wont be as much of an issue, given his assets. He would be the perfect 3rd line (maybe 2nd line) center on a top-tier team. I was most impressed with him during the 2010/2011 seasons because he must have had about a dozen different wingers and he produced consistently no matter who was on his line, while the Habs were one one of the top PK teams. He's not elite, but his versatility is rare and I think teams value that quite a bit. If the Habs want to trade him at the deadline I don't think they'll have a problem getting a 1st (and some mid-level prospect(s)), especially since he's under contract for another two years. That said, there is no way a non-playoff team will give up a first round pick for him.

Since this is a Galchenyuk thread, how f&*king good is he???!!!?? I can't wait to see how he performs versus the Russians tomorrow.