View Single Post
Old
12-27-2012, 10:44 PM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
Edit: I am going to take a bit of a shot in the dark here. Seems everyone has this irrational hate for Gauthier and his time here. Everything that ever went wrong just falls on the guy and nothing he did well gets brought up. I don't think it was his moves at all that caused the hate just like Gainey was beloved even today after he bailed out and let the habs crash and burn saddled with some of the most repulsive contracts we've seen. I think it was just his demeanor, he was weird and awkward and didn't pander and grovel to the "faithful" and the media. Could it be so simple? Is Gauthier hated with a fury for the same shallow sad reasons as why the masses cry out for a french player at every draft? He just isn't liked, kinda like how Koivu was hounded his entire career Gauthier gets to suffer because no matter what he did he would never be a "folk hero" like gainey. He is just a weird vegetarian who canned Cammy in the middle of a game and handed a bumbling french coach his walking papers.

I am starting to think habs fans like the idea of hockey more than the actual sport itself.
Did you read a word I said? Wow. I even said the team is to blame and it doesn't rest on gauthier's shoulder's entirely.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote