Thread: Prospect Info: The 2013 NHL Entry Draft
View Single Post
Old
12-28-2012, 12:51 AM
Foppa2118

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post
Besides Jones, I think Barkov is the player I want and seems like his game style fits the Avs scouting staff perfectly......well besides being over 6'1".
See for me, and I kinda touched on this somewhere else here, I'd much rather take a forward than Jones. There just seems to be the next Pronger in the top three of every draft lately and it's so hard to tell if they'll be able to reach the level hoped for both offensively and defensively to justify that label, and you'll have to give it 10 years to find out for sure.

Plus he's a righty and at the point of the rebuild the Avs are in, I feel they have to build around EJ defensively. I know that's need based, but since there's so much uncertainty over a defenseman, and they need a lefty top pairing guy, and the forwards look so promising, it just makes more sense to go with them if the Avs have a top pick. Even if that means they do miss out on the next Pronger.

It's just a better bet IMO. I'd rather take a chance on a forward with the hope he can be a top line winger or Stastny replacement if they let him go, that turns out to be a second line winger, than a D you hope is a top pair stud, that turns out to be a solid second pairing guy or complimentary first pairing guy. Especially with the Avs current makeup.

If he slips past five or so and Drouin and the like are gone, that's another story. I feel like Drouin won't get taken till 8 or so though anyway. He'll have the Jeff Skinner slip.

Last edited by Foppa2118: 12-28-2012 at 01:15 AM.