View Single Post
12-28-2012, 01:32 AM
Big Phil
vCash: 500
The most famous case I can think of would be a rather bittersweet memory for Pens fans. This would be 1993 in Game 7 against the Isles. The Pens were down 3-1 and with Mario serving an offsetting penalty they scored two goals. Tocchet first and then Francis on a lovely tip. Larry Murphy was such a key cog in that Pens offense and I think people who criticize him (and there are a lot on here) forget just how important he was to those teams. Murphy was the player who got the Penguins back in the game to overtime, which they lost of course.

That's the best case I can think of. How on earth that Pens team lost to that Islanders team is something that rattles me 20 years later almost in the same mold as the Miracle on Ice from 1980 in the manner of "How is that possible?"

Oh, let's throw in Jordan Eberle as another example. I can't remember if Canada had the goalie pulled in the gold medal game in the 2010 WJC but he scored two late goals and I am pretty sure he was pulled for at least one of them.

Big Phil is offline   Reply With Quote