View Single Post
Old
12-28-2012, 12:51 AM
Milliardo

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmelm View Post
Agree with you 100% on Pouliot, which is why I had him ranked #1 on my list (and why I have Harrington so high). Sure, guys need to have sufficient size & skating ability for things to translate to the NHL level, but hockey sense/hockey IQ, being able to see and think the game at a high level, good decision-making, poise, or whatever you want to call it -- these are the most important qualities to me in a hockey player, and the thing that sets many/most of the top players apart from the others.

Regarding the other discussion: thanks for agreeing with me about Morrow, but I am absolutely not making blanket statements. I like at things on an individual, per-player basis. For example, I have been saying for over a year now that I believe Harrington can or should step right into the NHL from juniors. With Morrow, however, he just needs a lot more time; and that doesn't affect my long-term views of the player's potential. Different guys evolve & develop differently, and that's all there is to it.
That's pretty much how I see it, and I don't want to read all the posts again, but there where some statements (maybe not from you) that read like, "playing sheltered minutes in the NHL >> big minutes in the AHL" and vice versa. And even if I believe more in the vice versa treatment, I just think it's different for every player and for some the former is better, but I agree with you how Morrow should be handled.

Milliardo is offline   Reply With Quote