View Single Post
Old
06-06-2006, 02:34 PM
habitue*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Caballero
I'd like to see Bouillon in the number 6 spot. I think he's still improving. If he could just learn to make better decisions in the neutral zone (when to rush vs. when to pass), he'd be a great asset.

The 5-6 is not a problem for us. The problem is that we need to upgrade the 1-2, as we have for years. Markov's great, but we still need another steady 25-min D-man. For all of his character, Rivet shouldn't be playing that much (he's just not good enough), Komisarek doesn't have the offense, and Souray gets exposed when he plays against the wrong players.

I personally think Dandenault's our worst defenseman, and I'd love to unload that contract, but since that's not going to happen, I have a feeling we're going to be seeing the same defense on opening night 2006. If the Habs could trade him, we could go out and get that defenseman we so desperately need.

Gainey said yesterday that he is looking for a forward with some scoring punch. Thre is very few UFA's this year that have this profile.

As somebody mentioned, Gainey should sign a top d-man: Chara (?) or a Jovanovski or a Kubina, and then trade one of Markov-Rivet or Souray + a couple of forwards to get that special scoring big forward.... Lecavalier ????

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote