View Single Post
Old
12-28-2012, 01:18 AM
Big Phil

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Yoda View Post
You dont need arguments when remembering Erics status in 1996 do you?
I don't know about anyone else, but I don't need to be reminded of it. However, I also don't need to be reminded of what I consider Messier's greatest season and that would be 1990.

Put a 1996 Lindros next to a 1990 Messier. Man, that is one tough call. Overall you know that Lindros was more feared from a physical perspective but let's look at things clearer here, who carried their team further? Messier.

Lindros had a bad knack of self destructing. We saw this enough times in the postseason in his career. Messier never self destructed in the postseason. We saw him win a Hart, get 129 points and win a Cup in 1990. What he did against Chicago in the 1990 playoffs was truly epic and you wonder why a physical specimen like Lindros couldn't do that against New Jersey in 1995 or Florida in 1996 or Detroit in 1997. Honestly, other than the Wings, Chicago in 1990 was at least as good as the other teams.

Look the more I talk about it the more I pick Messier. Sorry, I want to have a captain that will not only dominate on the ice but will win.

Big Phil is offline   Reply With Quote