View Single Post
Old
12-28-2012, 07:53 AM
Reikai
Neutral fan

vCash: 500
Before the pre-tournament games against Canada and the US i had a big question mark above MaG's head, is he good enough to center the top line for us against the best teams. Well, he played really well in those 2 games and i already thought if he proved me wrong, but after all those werent 'real' games. He definitely looked weak and slow against Czechs today, he better step up because we cant win anything in this tournament with a center like that in our top 6.

Barkov's overall play has been decent but the fact is after 2 games he is still pointless. People (myself incluced) tend to raise the expectations too high for him, he's still only 95' born. I dont think there's ever been player this young that's expected to carry this kind of load for his team in the U20's. But then again he's doing great against men in the FEL so this level of competition shouldnt be an issue. Im starting to wonder if there's something else that's affecting his play, i mean Mikael Granlund never amazed in the WJC's even though he was dominating in the FEL. Maybe there's just too much pressure or something on our leading centerman.

Reikai is online now   Reply With Quote