View Single Post
Old
12-28-2012, 09:47 AM
Mr Jiggyfly

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milliardo View Post
No problem, we can't all agree. You seem convinced he could handle it, whereas I don't think that's the case, but that's a matter of opinion sinice we don't know for sure.

Where I disagree is the general speaking. 10-12 minutes in the NHL is not better than 20-22 minutes in the A. It might be for some players, but that's more of an exception. Now once a prospect really starts doing something with those 20-22 minutes in the A, then the argument can be made that 10-12 minutes in the NHL are better, because then it's time to learn the NHL game.
I never expect us all to agree, or there wouldn't be much to talk about.

I am of the belief that playing on the third line/pairing in the NHL is much better than the first line/pairing in the A, because there are a multitude of benefits. You are playing in the best league in the world and will reap the benefits much moreso than big minutes in the A. You are getting NHL level coaching, playing with and agt elite talent, learning what it takes to compete night in and night out, etc.

Most importantly of all, when another player goes down or is playing poorly, a young kid on the NHL roster has a much better chance of filling that spot, than one down in the A. Your coach is seeing you every night and if you do well, he will feel comfortable moving you higher up on the bench when the situation arises.

Obviously if a kid is playing limited minutes, being scratched, etc, then he is better served getting big minutes in the A, ala Tangradi last season.

Mr Jiggyfly is offline   Reply With Quote