View Single Post
Old
12-28-2012, 10:38 AM
BBKers

vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
We discussed the impact of the CBA and Nash. Hate to do the I told you so but I told you so. The cap dropping in the next CBA. Looking at the Rangers commitments and future commitments. To think there were people who wanted to sign Doan in the summer. SMH. Trading Gaborik alleviates the Rangers cap issues. They free up the space and recoup some assets lost for Nash. Gaby only has 1 year remaining after 12-13. Arbitration will be the same so McDonagh and Hagelin are arb eligible. Stepan isn't. Sauer isn't an issue because of his health. Keeping the cap at $64.3M would have been better but its time to drop the puck. The cap wasn't going up so going into the CBA you knew it remain at $64.3M or decrease slightly. Drop the puck.
You are correct Sir
But if the cap were to remain at $64,3M - then we could still keep the 3 headed dragon and also resign our key RFAs incl MDZ this year - with a wee bit of tweaking. We will in the end see where the cap winds up for next year - if this deal ever gets done. A lot of teams will certainly be in cap hell if it goes down over $10M until next season - that is for certain... And that will create some unexpected opportunities - I would believe, no?