Thread: Jared Cowen
View Single Post
Old
12-28-2012, 11:55 AM
Sens Rule

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qward View Post
I think people are underestimating what Weircioch is capable of.
I think this is his first breakout year in the AHL. It is very much up for debate how good he will be. It really matters how good our talent pans out. With tons of prospects at forward, we have the potential to be a dominant offensive team for years. I don't think Weircioch is ever getting paired with Karlsson. Thus he has a better chance on weaker match-ups. If we have a dominant team the next few seasons, he has the potential to put up really good numbers like Priessing, Corvo, Meszaros did vs lower pairings when we had a stacked team. Because of the offence first philosophy of the team now, there is a chance Wiercioch can benefit from good match-ups with Karlsson and whoever.. maybe Cowen... maybe someone else drawing all the best players against him. If we can become a very good team and deep I think he could get 40-50 points as the 4 or 5th ES D-Man and the 2nd PP D-Man. But it is hard to project now. I don't think he ever trumps Cowen in icetime though.

I think Cowen is better offensively then Phillips. And a surefire 20 minute a night NHL D-Man no matter what except injuries. I do think he has better offensive upseide then Phillips has had. 30-40 pts rather than about 25 points.

Sens Rule is offline   Reply With Quote