View Single Post
Old
12-28-2012, 11:05 AM
scid14

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CupofOil View Post
If Yakupov wasn't an Oiler. Say, if he was a Leaf or a Flame, there would be so much talk around here about how he has been so underwhelming and isn't living up to the hype but because he's an Oiler, it seems that a lot of you guys refuse to see that he is struggling out there. It's always the coaches fault or his linemates, it's never Yakupov's fault.

Look, i've been a fan of Yakupov's from Day 1 and i still have no regrets about the Oilers picking him but i'm just calling a spade a spade. He has been subpar. I know that he blocked a shot on the PK and that's nice and all but it doesn't make up for the fact that he is clearly fighting it out there. I think a lot of it is due to him not dealing well with the pressure of being the captain. Hopefully, he picks up his game as the tournament progresses.
If you look at my post above you will see that I am one of those posters. I am not blind though, I see that he is fighting it a bit. But the blame doesn't lay solely on him as that is they way of the team.

I agree with you, I think he has been underwhelming and can be much better. I also think that he would be showing much better right now if he and his line were on the same page. Mainly because in contrast to his mistakes he is also making many good plays that are going unnoticed because of his line as well.

Also, if I wasn't an oil fan I would definitely be putting down yak. But it would be out of spite

I post the way I do about yak because of all the negativity around him right now. He has been underwhelming....he has NOT been near as bad as some poster have made him out to be.