Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
Lack of depth?

top 6 without Kreider

Nash, Gaborik, Richards, Stepan, Callahan and Hagelin

That slides Kreider to the 3rd line LW spot. Seems to be pretty good depth to me.

Now, as I mentioned previously, Kreider with Boyle is not pretty as neither are play makers which is what a player with Kreider's skill set is going to need to be successful.

top 9 as I see it.

Kreider - Richards - Gaborik
Nash - Stepan - Callahan
Hagelin - Boyle - Pyatt

Would rather see Stepan gain confidence playing with Nash than ask him to somewhat carry Kreider. Brad Richards would be a better center for that and be more of a calming influence to Kredier at such a young age.

Also, it seems to me that Hagelin's 38 points in 64 games has already replaced AA's production. Hagelin seems to be a guy that can generate offence better on his own than Kreider can and with his speed create opportunities that Kreider cannot. Hagelin is a much more well rounded player and would be a better fit playing with a less talented center like Boyle.

Like I said, if Kreider cannot perform competently, we will have depth issues. Depth means the bottom-6. Our top-6 would still be very solid, assuming Hagelin keeps improving (even a little bit), but the bottom-6 would be a concern.

This would be particularly so when injuries hit. We get a couple of injuries up front (which happens every season to every team), and suddenly Boyle and Pyatt are in the top-6 with Newbury and Kolarik taking regular shift in checking roles.

Beacon is offline   Reply With Quote