Thread: Proposal: Pens and Leafs
View Single Post
Old
12-28-2012, 11:31 AM
palindrom

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowdy Roddy Peeper View Post
If you were inclined to introduce some representative context, like the fact that Letang only broke out in 2010 but his team was missing their top 2 centers/sole creative forwards for half the '10-'11 season, and the fact that he only played 51 games in '11-'12 (and produced at a better pace than every defenseman other than Karlsson), then the picture would probably become clearer for you.

But of course, you already knew those things. You just chose to overlook them.
I am looking at the global picture.

Its not everybody faults if Letang broke out in 2010 at 23yo while other top 5 offensive defenseman (Pietangelo, Karlsson, Weber) broke out younger (Around 21yo.)

I understand Pittsburg missed their two top center for half a season. But it goes both way: what about when they are not missing them? Does it somewhat advantage Letang production? I dont know, if they compare advantageously to Wellwood and Little in Winnipeg, or Legwand and Fisher in Nashville for example.

But ok, if you want to only take into account the last 50 games of every NHL defensemen. Then i agree he is a top 5 Offensive defensemen.

I also remember Chris Hinggins being a top 5 NHL goals scorer for half a season in Montreal.

Well, lets wait and see what the future reserve for Letang and if he will be among the top 5 offensive defensemen.

Last edited by palindrom: 12-28-2012 at 11:37 AM.
palindrom is offline   Reply With Quote