AAA2012 Prelims: St. John's Monsters vs. Sheffield Steelers
View Single Post
12-28-2012, 12:49 PM
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Regina, SK
- Both teams are very weak for top-6 centers so both are fortunate to be facing an opponent who can't claim a substantial advantage. Out of 24 top-6 centers, they ranked 14th, 16th, 21st and T-23rd. Just 4 of 11 voters thought Malecek and Creighton were top-10 (none top-5), just one had McCourt top-10, and McKechnie was one of just two who didn't get a vote at all.
- Now that I look at it, these teams are relatively anemic on the wings, too. Aside from Tanti (6 votes, 7th in voting), no one seems to have been highly regarded by the voters. Cammalleri had two votes, Sheppard, Eklunc, Fox and Murphy had one apiece. (I think Sheppard deserved more, though... his vote was from me)
- Casey's OK, but I gotta go with Robertson for the goaltending edge thanks to his all-star and hart record.
- On defense, St. John's takes it, I think. Godfrey is, to me, easily the top guy in this series, and the Woolley/Potvin pairing is a mess with no one to clean it.
- Both teams have pretty solid, workmanlike 3rd and 4th lines with a designated fighter on each line. Should be good hockey.
- I just realized Kjell Svensson is listed as an assistant coach too! You can't do that...
Expect a low scoring series.
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by seventieslord