View Single Post
Old
12-28-2012, 11:50 AM
Yakushev72

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanDream View Post
I think the US really lacked that killer instinct. with under 5 minutes in the game, they played the same way the did the entire game. Thats not entirely a bad thing as this group looked calm and didnt panic, but I just wanted to see a bit more bite in the final minutes as every point matters in seedings.

I also got frustrated with the amount of times the US gained the zone and had a trailer wide open only to see them work it cross ice or dump it behind the net. cant count the amount of time I screamed "drop the puck back"!! "hes wide open!" Maybe that is an issue of lack of communication between players, but it happened a lot and could have led to many more chances.

Positives:

Gibson looked great. If the US doesnt medal, I doubt it will be on his shoulders. I really like his poise and calm demeaner. Kid looks to be a real bright spot for this team.

We only lost 2-1 to a Russian team playing at home with Galchenyuk and our top line really doing nothing, and our 3rd line Biggs-Trocheck-Lucia really not being on the ice a ton...I take that as a positive as we have a real good team, that should have played better but still outplayed Russia in this loss with some of our better players not doing a lot. We cant have that happen again against Canada, but I take it as a positive to move in the right direction.

Ryan Hartman is a great player. I cant say it enough how impressed with him I am. Everytime he touched the puck he was making something happen. He needs to get moved up to the top line IMO, as he could cause a lot of havoc with Galy.

Our defense was fine, especially Mike Reilly. Very impressed with him away from the puck. From what I felt would be his weakness, kid stepped up and made some impressive plays away from the puck. Overall our defense made mistakes, which is going to happen this early on, but you can see the talent, speed, and puck moving ability of this group. Gostisbehere was solid as well.

Overall it was a good game for the US. We have areas to work on, but I came away impressed that this team didnt get outskated or outworked for much of the game. Our goaltending and defense is fine, which is what usually lets us down. We need some others to step up and get us some more scoring, but that should come over more time together.

and oh yeah....hey Phil Housley, PLAY GALCHENYUK MORE THEN 9 MINUTES!! YIKES!
Obviously, the US is a great team, and they showed it today. They shouldn't let today's result dampen their spirits, because they gave an outstanding performance. Without a doubt, Canada will have their hands full when the two teams meet. The round robin is just for positioning, and the medal round is what really counts.