View Single Post
Old
12-28-2012, 12:52 PM
Gaps

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by urho View Post
MaG hasn't been good but how's Armia helping him? Aside from a couple of excellent passes he's been one of the black holes on this roster. Always tries to make the fancy play instead of the smart one and those turnovers... Just stupid, immature mistakes all over the ice. If he wasn't such an important piece of the team, I'd bench him for the next game to teach some discipline.

Barkov's stats look bad but now that he's playing with boys it's almost laughable how mature he really is. It's sad that he can't be that effective with team full of bug hogs who are not playing for the team... A lot of it has to do with coaching, I have no idea why they seem to think it's not that important who coaches the U20-team (first Helminen, now Rindell... ).
You're right about Armia, but this is exactly what kind of a player he is even in SM-liiga for the most part. It's not something you can change in a matter of weeks. Despite all that, he CAN (skill wise) step up and win games for us, but MaG can't because he's not great at anything but mediocre or decent at most things. He can make good passes, but can't control the pace of the game or defend like Barkov, he's not strong like Salomäki and doesn't possess Armia's sniping skills.

There seem to be players (namely certain forwards) on the team who indeed don't play for the team, at least that was my conclusion after reading Määttä's comments after today's game. Unfortunately we can't scratch them from the lineup. Rindell said some time ago that there are some challenging personalities on the squad and that many of these boys are extremely ambitious. While I never really expected Rindell to be able to keep them in line, I wanted to think that Tomek's authority would be enough. I still hold on to that hope.

Gaps is offline   Reply With Quote