Old
12-28-2012, 11:59 AM
ECL
Very slippery slope

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to ECL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Believe me, I can see why people who are getting their first look at him might be skeptical. He's made some boneheaded plays, and his coverage has been close to abysmal at times. However, he's never played at this kind of level before. Sure, the dub is a quality junior league, but these are the best players in the world in his age group -- a group in which he's one of the youngest. A lot of these kids have professional experience. That kind of thing goes a long way.

Is he a star right now? Of course not, but he has the total package in terms of skating, size and skill. If he can learn the intricacies of the professional game and adapt to the higher levels of play, the sky is the limit for him, IMO. The team that drafts him and eases him into the pro's is going to get a huge reward for their patience.
He also is a notoriously slow starter.

ECL is offline   Reply With Quote