View Single Post
Old
12-28-2012, 12:23 PM
BertCorbeau
Yelling at clouds

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interactif View Post
My point is just as someone can downplay the significance of the tourney, more times than not, this is the tourney most hockey people consider as the most important for hockey prospects since they are playing an intense brand of hockey against their own peer group. This tournament means a lot to all nations, and it does it can be a great predictor of talent as it has been for many great NHL players.
Great for prospects that have already been drafted yes, great for prospects to be drafted? I don't think many see this as a make-or-break thing for the younger players who are going to be drafted since they are in fact younger and being exposed on this big stage for the first time doesn't usually have big expectations .. Certainly a big tournament will help a prospects chances of improving his draft position, but a lacklustre tournament won't necessarily kill their stock.

By your logic, Mackinnon hasn't shown too much in the first game and by the sounds of it the second (I haven't watched it yet) .. So does that mean he shouldn't be drafted 1st overall? Of course not.

Higher expectation for this tourney is on already drafted players, who are older, been to it before, and are asked to carry the load and lead the team