View Single Post
Old
12-28-2012, 12:28 PM
The Winter Soldier

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertCorbeau View Post
Great for prospects that have already been drafted yes, great for prospects to be drafted? I don't think many see this as a make-or-break thing for the younger players who are going to be drafted since they are in fact younger and being exposed on this big stage for the first time doesn't usually have big expectations .. Certainly a big tournament will help a prospects chances of improving his draft position, but a lacklustre tournament won't necessarily kill their stock.

By your logic, Mackinnon hasn't shown too much in the first game and by the sounds of it the second (I haven't watched it yet) .. So does that mean he shouldn't be drafted 1st overall? Of course not.

Higher expectation for this tourney is on already drafted players, who are older, been to it before, and are asked to carry the load and lead the team
Yep, I will go along with that partially, but special guys like 99, Tavares, Malkin, Phaneuf, Lindros, I am sure I am missing a tonne of others cemented their draft status or rep in the case of Gretzky at the World Juniors.