View Single Post
Old
12-28-2012, 01:43 PM
Dynamo81

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by worraps View Post
I admitted it's possible that far superior goaltending will save Russia again. I wouldn't bet on it.

It's sad for me to see the nation that invented cycling to be reduced to one-on-one dangle offs to generate offense.
Well superior goal tending was not needed to beat Canada 6-3 and 6-5 in August with largely the same players. This team has been under performing and still getting results which is the main thing. Putting 5 and 6 goals past Canada showed superior offense in the WJC's.

The second part you can blame that on Hockey being basically dead in Russia until around 2007 when money started being pumped into the game Russia went from bankruptcy to a enormous surge in wealth over a 12 year period and Hockey is receiving much needed investment over the past few years. The new development effects are slowly coming out now but Russia should be a lot more stronger in 5-10 years time. Russia still produces smart effective datsyuk-esqe type players. This puck hogging style a tactical decision and even today Russia still created a lot of chances tonight although the USA had more possession of the puck and were the better team over the first two periods.