View Single Post
12-28-2012, 12:46 PM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Im not saying there wont be a market.

What I am saying is that you'll be hard-pressed to grab a solid package given the Rangers cap situation and the fact these teams can wait a year and likely bid on Gaborik as a free agent.

If anyone thinks theyre going to get true market value for a 40 goal scorer, theyve got another thing coming. In the end, this is a salary dump.
I guess it depends on your definition of a solid package. Are we talking about multiple first rounders and A prospects? If so, your right. If your talking about a first, B prospect, and maybe a slightly overpaid 3rd pairing defensemen, then I think that's very attainable IF Gaborik waives his NTC. Look at what guys like Gaustad and Zidlicky brought back last season. I think it's reasonable to expect an upgrade off of that considering Gaborik is the far superior player. Every year you see aging mediocre defenseman dealt for 2nd rounders for heavens sake...

I'm telling you - a team like the Wild would be a perfect fit. They can add to their prime star players without making another huge long term commitment via UFA... Guys like Zucker, Larsson, Dumba might be attainable... all without giving up their top guys like Brodin, Granlund, Croyle..