Old
12-28-2012, 01:20 PM
redbull
Expect more

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott99 View Post
I hope MacKinnon falls in the draft, right to the Islanders
he hasn't done anything in this tournament but I think he's going to be a star. This is a tough tournament for a draft-eligible player especially, even Stamkos and Tavares did very little when they played at 17.
If the season's cancelled, the Isles are probably going to get another really good player once they have another draft....but in a short season, anything can happen. The Isles may finish anywhere in the standings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformTheMasses View Post
Wow what a move by Nichushkin, he beat Jones as well, let's see how Jones responds.

Nichushkin is so big and fast, he is going to be a high draft pick this year for sure.
Jones looked out of position a few times. Still a marvel of a talent but much to learn. Defense is really tough to do well, especially in the NHL. It's that Lidstrom guy, he makes everything look so easy. Just like Ty Wishart makes everything look so hard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunomics View Post
He may be getting points but so far every time I've watched him he leaves me wanting much more from him, especially the game this morning. It almost seems like he's way to content to float through the zones when the puck isn't around him. I hope I'm very wrong but he reminds me more of Schremp than JT at this point.
Yikes. You're totally wrong about Strome. You may be guilty of watching him too closely and maybe expecting too much. He does "float" around when he doesn't have the puck, but not exactly a lazy float, he's "hovering" in open ice looking for a pass and he's driving hard when he has the puck. Big difference from Schremp who'd rather stickhandle while standing still than drive to the net.

JT was also accused of floating in junior, by a lot of people, including myself. He simply thought the game different than most players and it looked like he wasn't giving his all at times. In the WJC, less so, but in Oshawa and London, definitely.

One thing that stands out about Strome is how focused he is on the ice. He follows the play extremely well and moves the puck quickly and efficiently. He's got great offensive instincts, anticipation and works hard AND smart. This is a very good player the Isles have.

I do think he needs more time before he's able to contribute at the NHL level though. IFFFF there's a training camp, I don't expect him to win an NHL job (to be honest). He MAY but I don't EXPECT it. Whether he's better off in the NHL vs junior, well, that's a debate for another time, if faced with that decision.