View Single Post
Old
12-28-2012, 02:23 PM
Cogburn

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirloinUB View Post
That is bad. Vancouver runs away with it, while detroit and calgary get fleeced
I used the Detroit's 1st/prospect for Cammalleri as the basis, and added Flip for the relative upgrade to a top pairing defender, a position of need for them. No one shouted that one down.

A 2nd for Babchuk or Sarich isn't too out of whack on top of that, is it? If memory serves, neither are really setting the world on fire in Calgary, both are right handed, and with Bouwmeester, Wideman, Gio and younger guys like Butler, Brody and Smith, I thought one or the other would be expendable.

And from a Detroit-Vancouver standpoint, we have been talking Flip-Franzen for Edler for awhile. I didn't think Franzen was much more valuable to them then a 1st and a prospect who might not make their team. If the first is that much more valuable, trade Flip for Franzen, instead of the mystery "+". Given the contract status, I don't covet Filppula a great deal over Franzen, as either would walk on to our team as a top six forward in terms of talent, and a few Detroit players saw him as more of a throw in in the Flip/Franzen/Edler deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingsfan2965 View Post
People are in love with a Filppula/Edler trade even though both are UFA next season...
Well, from a "needs" position, that basis still makes sense to me. Detroit needs a top pairing defenseman, and Vancouver needs forwards that can ameliorate their scoring depth and play off scoring. I mean if we have to move Edler, I have no hard feelings about him playing for the Red Wings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
With Edler a ufa in July and the lockout going on, why isn't Detroit simply waiting until the ufa signing period starts up?
If we're playing things realistically, I don't honestly think Edler makes it to UFA. We either trade him for another UFA, resign him (far and away the most likely scenario) or if we're out of a playoff position, sell him off for futures.

Cogburn is offline   Reply With Quote