View Single Post
Old
12-28-2012, 01:25 PM
tantalum

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by du5566 View Post
The first offer was fair and this one is a little better..... Fehr and the NHLPA will counter offer and if it's a reasonable counter a deal will get done. If they counter with some crap at 54-56 percent of revenue going to the players again then the season is all but lost. My guess is Fehr smells blood in the water and makes another unreasonable counter and there will be no hockey this year but I hope I am wrong.
There is no blood in the water to really smell. The NHL is not really moving on any of the financial bottom line issues and have hammered away at things enough that the contract loopholes will be closed up to a significant degree.

This offer is written up for a reason in what is likely a fully executable form for a reason and that reason extends beyond any potential court dates. That reason is the NHL is done moving on any of the issues that fundamentally affect the bottom line (full linkage 50% share, major contract loopholes). They are telling the PA to feel free to nibble along the edges and tailor things more to your favour but stay away from the true money issues. We aren't really interested in discussing those any longer. The massive leak of details is also a straight offer to the players to look at the complete deal and pressure the PA leadership to settle if it is pleasing to them.

tantalum is offline   Reply With Quote